Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Reesie

Rachel here. I thought it was about time for a little update on My Reesie. First off... I'm just not sure what I did to deserve two beautiful little girls, but I'll take them. :) Reese is turning into such a sweet mannerly little girl. Does she have her moments when you just want to strangle her? Of course. Thankfully they are truly few and far between. Honestly the only time you see her being ugly is when she's tired. Bedtime has become much more bearable. She still likes to give Daddy a hard time (she is not one to like to miss out on things, so if Daddy is home from being out of town or we have company... she screams bloody murder... good times), but compared to a couple months ago... it's like heaven. She says please and thank you, I'm sorry, excuse me... it's sweet to hear her say these things on a cuff when it's appropriate... she's really learning. She's very caring to all. Just the other day she came up to me, looked me in the eyes, and said "gimmee a kiss!" Ugh... I heart her so much. While she loves to play games with Daddy when it comes to giving him hugs and kisses, she loves to be affectionate with us.

When it comes to Emma, Reese is in love. She loves to touch her and play with her. Emma spits up, and Reese is the first to get there to help her. I'm not sure how much longer that will last though because Em is becoming more and more mobile. A couple of weeks ago Aly and Laura came over to play. Aly is super mobile and loved crawling over to Reese and touching her face. It was beyond precious... unless of course you were Reese. At one point, while Reese was in the fetal position on the couch trying to escape Hurricane Aly, she said "I no lika Ayee!" Awful... yes... but luckily Auntie Lu laughed. Reese will be very distraught when it's Emma trying to poke her eyes out. :)
She's becoming a very smart little girl. You often hear her singing her abcs and counting as she goes up and down the steps. We were watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" this afternoon and there happened to be two Mickey's on the screen. Reese looked at me and said "ooooooh... one Mickey... two Mickey!" I could die! She's still a big singer and loves to dance. Potty training is going great. Our only accidents these days are #2. She is still having serious mental anguish at going poop on the potty. Argh. She's definitely a peeing champ though and can even hold it and go in public when she needs to, which is nice. We're using Pull ups with her during nap/bedtime and if we're running errands... sometimes she wakes up wet... sometimes dry... and she's in underpants at all other times. She's just all around a great kid who constantly makes us laugh and smile... and sometimes cry.

0 comments: