Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Holy Mackerel!

Rachel here. So I get this email from the owner of 2 of the Once Upon a Child's (a second hand children's clothing store... they are super selective about what they will buy back from customers... a lot of the items they have there still have the original tags on them... so you can get some AMAZING things) here in the valley that says February 7th (today) is the "Grab Bag Event". What is a "GBE" you ask? Basically you fill one of the bags they provide you with with as many clearance items as you can for only $10. Now Reese has a disgusting amount of clothing, so if Baby #2 is a girl, we are completely set. Sadly the sale was scheduled before our finding out the sex of the baby...this coming Thursday... "Bryan, what if we have a boy???? I should go to this sale and buy boy clothes!!!" Surprisingly he was gung-ho about my plan... after all, if it's a girl, we would only be spending $10, and I have friends who have baby boys, so I can always pass along the wealth! Now I needed a plan.

The sale started at 10 am. I was going to hit up the one in town AT 10, then make my way to the second one in Roanoke. There is a 2nd one in Roanoke, but it's not owned by the same lady, so I wasn't sure if they would be doing the sale as well. To my surprise THEY WERE! 3 stores... $10 each... TOTAL SPENT $31.50.

Here is the breakdown:
Merchandise~36 shirts, 2 coats, 8 pairs of pants, 23 onsies, and 8 one piece outfits
Original $$ Totals~ $124.50 +$38.50+$155.50 =$318.50
MY SAVINGS $287.00!!!!!!!!!

Check out my loot!

If it's a boy, this should DEFINITELY get us started! :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is AWESOME! I love it!! Look at all those boy clothes!! I can't believe you got all that stuff for $31.50- that's crazy! I wish I had that store here- though we do have a new store like that called "Wears Like New- Kids" I have only been in there once, but I should go back... thanks for inspiring me ;) Can't wait to find out what #2 is.....

Anonymous said...

SAH-WEET! I can't wait to hit up those sales when we have kids. Once Upon a Child is so awesome!