Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like...

... Christmas. While Daddy prohibits us from decorating much of anything before the day after Thanksgiving, Mommy was getting all twitchy at the sight of neighbors with lights and their Christmas trees up in their windows. Yesterday Daddy went out "really quickly" to run a couple errands. What did we do while he was gone? We decorated part of my playroom:



I became acquainted with some of Mommy's childhood Christmas nick nacks:

While Mommy put up her Willow Tree nativity set, I put some of my animals away:


I decorated my own little tree with all of the ornaments I've gotten in the last two years:



We put it on my train table, so now Thomas and his friends can ride around my beautiful Christmas tree all winter long!
AND Mommy put up my little nativity set, so that I can play with it. We're currently making "LOST" signs for poor Joseph... hopefully we'll find him before Christmas. :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I have that same ceramic Christmas tree!!! We had one growing up, and while living in Moundsville, WV, I was driving home one day around Christmastime. I saw the same ceramic tree in the window of a thrift shop and almost wrecked pulling over to get to it. I thought the shop owner said it was $40, and I was prepared to pay it. Turns out she said $14. I was overjoyed :)

Andria said...

We have that same nativity set! Nora asked very seriously if she "could just have it up in her room, please, Mama, because I am concerned about Soren taking all the little pieces and losing them." Yes...like the donkey we found 2 months later, hoarded in Nora's closet...I suppose that was Soren's doing, though he couldn't walk at the time?