Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 15, 2011

That time of year again...

Rachel here. It's getting to be that time of year again. The time where you reflect on this last year's events... both good and bad. The time of year where you set your goals for the coming year... I've been thinking about it a lot lately actually. I don't know if it's me realizing my life is crazy and only about to become crazier.

In the coming year we'll be listing and hopefully selling our house. The only house my kids have ever known. The house that someone will hopefully fall instantly in love with like we did. The house that I'll miss so much, but that we've simply outgrown. This hopeful selling will result in us, moving, renting, building, and moving again.

Then there is that little thing called a third baby. Which we're so super excited about, but no doubt things will get crazier before they get calmer. It'll be nice to find a new norm. And I'll be happy to have my body back. I'm in desperate need of a glass of wine.

My goals are not to lose weight... not to completely change who I am. Those things never work. While I do have quite a few things I'd like to work on... I think they are all manageable. Small things that can pack a big punch:

~ plan meal calendars/cook
~ get outside EVERY DAY
~ jump back on the preschool train (now that I can function after breakfast)
~ incorporate weekly "me" time... even if it's a warm bath Friday nights
~ get to bed earlier
~ shower/get dressed EVERY DAY... I know I know...
~ don't let others bother me so much... I can't change others... but I can change how I react to them
~ connect w/friends at least once a month
~ allow an occasional lazy afternoon
~ kiss my husband every day
~ listen to more music/watch less tv
~ schedule date night once a month
~ limit computer usage/none on the weekends

I can do this.

0 comments: