Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 19, 2009

1 month... say huh?

Well hello there! Emma Grace here! That's right! Mommy said since I'm 1 MONTH OLD I get to start adding my two cents to this here blog. Aren't you excited?! So here is the famous monthly shot:

(Thank you Nana for the super cute angel bear... Mommy says she is going to be my bestest buddy for the next 11 months!)
~
Lemme tell you a little bit about how I am at 1 month old. My sister and I have a ped appointment this coming Friday, so we'll have all my current measurements for you then. Besides looking EXACTLY like my daddy (which Mommy thinks is quite frightening. She says she loves him and he is very handsome, but his face on a baby girl scares the bejesus out of her!), I have a dimple on my left cheek, which Mommy has yet to catch on camera. My smile is also pretty cute (also hasn't been caught yet.) The family realizes this smile is just me and my gassy issues, but they think it's cute nonetheless. :) Everything about me seems to be just perfect.
~
For the most part Mommy and Daddy say I'm a good baby. During the day I was sleeping an obscene amount, which caused me wake up a lot at night. As the days and weeks go by though I'm staying awake longer and longer during the day, which in turns makes me sleep a little longer at night in between feedings. Mommy has been working extra hard to get me to eat every 3 hours. Occasionally it's a little more/less. She's doing the EASY method with me as she did with my sister. I wake up and Eat, then we do an Activity (which right now is swinging, sitting in my papi, or most of the time being held), Sleep (which is usually an hour before I am to wake up again), and then Mommy is supposed to have some You time, but that time is dedicated to entertaining my sister one on one. Last night I surprised Mommy and Daddy with 4 straight hours of sleep, so I know they were quite grateful! They aren't holding their breath though on me doing that regularly anytime soon. Mommy is breastfeeding me, so my waking up often can be kind of hard on her. She's hoping in the next few weeks I can give her a longer break at night or Daddy will have to start taking a shift and feeding me a bottle. He's SOOOO excited! ;)
~
As far as any milestones are concerned I can focus my eyes on faces that are in front of me. My grip is killer, as Mommy can tell you first hand. I love to squeeze her finger while she's feeding me... occasionally I like to pinch her too! :) Everyone is anxiously awaiting my first real smile and all the super fun things I'll be doing in the months to come.
~
P.S. Guess what my sister did while Mommy and Daddy tried to get my picture taken?! She is such an attention hog! Something tells me though once I can move around a little better, we're going to be the best of friends! I know Mommy and Daddy can't wait!

1 comments:

Andria said...

Oh my God. That picture of Reese standing in front of the camera, staring it down like, "And WHAT do you think you're doing?", jsut made me laugh out loud.