Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tweetsie Railroad

Soooo originally this weekend Grandpa and Pearl were supposed to come and visit my sister and me, but there was a change of plans and they weren't able to make it. What on earth is a young family of 4 who is going absolutely stir crazy in their home to do? Why go to "Tweetsie Railroad" of course! :) "Tweetsie Railroad" is a kind of amusement park for little kids. There are tons of really fun things to do, but we had to drive 3 hours to Blowing Rock/Boone, NC to get there, so I was anxious to say the least when we finally arrived.
~
The big train had already left when we got there... it leaves the station about every half hour, so I had to settle for this little guy until the real one came back around.
We hit up his friend "Tonka Truck" while we were at it.
Soon my chariot arrived.
I was SO excited to FINALLY get to see/ride it! Mommy and Daddy had been promising me ALL morning... I was beginning to believe it was a farce!It took us on a long adventurous ride. One where we saw a real life cowboy brawl! Check out the view Daddy and I had:
Here was Mommy's view (let's just say she was none too thrilled... this woman literally STOOD in front of the remainder of the passengers on the train so that she could VIDEO TAPE the whole show on her cell phone! WHAT?!):
After our ride we posed with the conductor... soooo cool! I love trains!Besides hopping into a covered wagon and getting a new drum:I fed the goats:

but I rode some rides too!
I can not wait to go back to "Tweetsie Railroad!"
~
P.S. Here is what my sister did. ;)

1 comments:

Callie said...

Rachel, Reese is getting so big! She's like a little girl now, not a baby. Emma definitely looks like Bryan and Reese is a mini you. Too cute :)
Can't wait to meet Miss Emma one day...