Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 11, 2009

20 months

Happy 20 month birthday to moi! I am seriously the light of Mommy and Daddy's lives these days. They are constantly laughing at me and my antics. I guess that's okay with me... it's better than Timeout I always say. ;) Here's the rundown of me:

I hate it when you cut up my food and forks are for sissys when it comes to eating. (She'll be 45 before she uses a spoon or fork I've decided.)
Language. Always a fun one... she has such a sweet squeaky little voice. Mommy reformatted her computer and lost the file of the words I know (yes... she does indeed have an Excel file of the real/make shift words that come out of my mouth), so hopefully she got them all. Here goes nothing... rock (like in the garden), up, down, open, cold, fafa (pasta), bock bock (chicken), caca (cracker), t.d. (t.v.), something that sounds like Aaron, peas (please), play (play doh), cuhyer (color), cow, oink (pig), maaa (sheep), neigh (horse), pants, dressed, juice, Mommy (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!), bird, read, ouchie, peas, more (has been saying it forever, but I noticed I had never written it), sorry, a do (thank you... same as more), Teetee/Beebee/Fafa (Tutee, Brobee, and Foofa from 'Yo Gabba Gabba'), no more, bye bye all done no more (yes she says all three upon completing something or when something is over), buhbum (Brown Bear Brown Bear), cool, eat, chalk, shovel, boat, pool, brush, clock, out, Barley (neighbor's dog), and yesterday she said bambam (which I can only guess means broken or sunglasses because she was holding my sunglasses in her hands... two different hands that is!) Rachel here. She's starting to string words together, which is so super cute. We were watching 'Cars' yesterday, and after the scene where Mater and Lightening McQueen go tractor tipping she said "Car moooooo.... teeth!" Then she started cracking up... as did I when I realized she was talking about Mater. :)
Playing has become pretty funny too. Earlier in the month she started grabbing her blanket (which we have to have in our sights at all times now it seems), running and flopping herself onto the floor, covering her head, saying "ni-night" and then snoring like an old man! We about died. Her and Daddy have been playing it ever since. She gets quite the kick out of it. I can only guess she learned this from the 'Nap' episode of 'YGG'. (I swear I do not sit my child in front of the tv all day... it's just been raining so much here!!!!) She LOVES to color. I've recently started letting her use regular Crayola markers as opposed to the Magic Wonder ones. I think she likes it more when she gets messy. :) Saying she loves to dance would be an understatement. It's pretty impressive how fast she can get those little legs moving. Outside is by far her favorite place. And the pool has become a HUGE hit... thank god! Now this summer won't seem so hectic I feel. Hopefully we can try the arts and crafts stuff again in the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping she's overcome her 'fear' of glue. ;) I bought some foam beads from the dollar store, and she loves to try to string them... which is funny to watch because her hands are still so little! I want to start doing some of the more knowledge based activities with her... like colors (she still says everything is yellow) and the alphabet... I can only watch her throw so much pasta. :) So we'll see how that goes. She LOVES to dress up! Mardi Gras beads have become her all time favorite accessory, which is great because we have TONS... who knew our college days would have such an affect on our current lifestyle? ;)
We bought a second potty in preparation for the big deed. So now we have one upstairs and one downstairs. I recently bought the Elmo potty movie after hearing it was super cute and kids love it. Reese knows what the potty is, and barges in on us and screams 'pee pee' while we're going potty, but when I put her on it, she just dances around and tries to put the seat around her leg. Needless to say we'll be waiting until after the baby is here to take ourselves seriously with even attempting to train. I'm sure there are pros and cons to whatever we choose to do, so our style is going to be to roll with the punches... the three of us will figure it out together.
I know there is probably tons more I could be writing about, but the days at this point are blending into one another trying to get ready for Reese's baby sister. We take Reese to the ped. next Friday, so we'll finally have some stats to share. I can't wait to find out how much she weighs!!! We should probably start talking about the status of her belly button too. Bless her heart. She recently discovered it and LOVES to play with it! I'll leave you with a funny story about that... So Reese was playing in her pool a couple of days ago when the neighbor boys came out to visit with her. Reese was wearing a little bikini because frankly I don't care what people think about it... she's a little girl, and plus... her bikinis are to DIE for. :) So anyway... apparently after we went inside the older boy asked his mom why Reese was playing with her vagina. WHAT?! She was so confused. She said to him that Reese had a bathing suit and her swimmie diaper on and she didn't see her playing with it. Finally she realized he was talking about her belly button! Poor Reese! I was so sad after she told me. I hope Reese doesn't start to feel self conscious about it because I think she's adorably sweet... yes even when she's testing me. :)

1 comments:

Andria said...

What a sweet girl! She sounds just awesome!

I feel ya on the belly button thing...for 2 years Nora had a wacky nipple that was bigger than the other. It wasn't all that noticeable, but when she discovered it...She'd walk around, thoughtfully pinching it. She'd twiddle it when she felt pensive....it was a hormonal thing, and eventually shrunk down to almost the size of its little sister. But I nearly went into a fit one time when a little boy at the water park asked her why she "play with booby." Oh God...why do YOU play with your THINGIE, pal?? Huh? Cause it's there, and it's cool. Anyhooo...hope all goes well with that baby girl coming soon!