Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 26, 2009

What a miracle

Rachel here... again. Now what I didn't tell you about Friday June 19th was that that morning my water had broken. With Reese my water was broken in the hospital, so I had no idea what it felt like. I honestly thought I had wet my pants. Having no idea I was in labor, I got ready to bury my gentle and kind Grandpa Jack. Following the burial, we headed for lunch with the entire family and close friends. The following morning we were supposed to be heading back to Virginia, so we thought it best to go get checked out at the hospital before leaving.


We left the lunch and headed for the exact hospital I was born in 28 years ago, which was also the hospital my grandfather passed in earlier in the week. After being registered and checked... we learned we would in fact be having a baby in Iowa (second hurdle crossed... not having the baby in Lebanon, Indiana... or worse... ANYWHERE in West-by-god Virginia). HOLY MOLY. Good thing we had taken the extra time to do all that packing because we were going to need it all.


That very night... after saying our final good byes to Grandpa Jack, we welcomed our baby girl. Thank you Grandpa for watching over our travels and taking care of us on this wild and crazy journey.


And now... presenting...

Emma Grace
June 19, 2009
11:13 PM
7 lbs 5 oz
20 inches
I only hope Emma Grace turns out to be as gentle and kind as the man who helped bring her to us safely under such unbelievable circumstances. :)

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Congrats! Josh considers his transfer to Oklahoma mid-way through this pregnancy as the greatest gift to our child. She will now not be burdened with "West Virginia" on her birth certificate :)