Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 29, 2009

Weigh in

Today we took my baby sister to the pediatrician for her 10 day check up. Doc said she was perfect and everything looked super. Mommy was worried because she's been peeing and pooping like a champ up until yesterday. NO poop diapers to speak of. Don't you worry though because she had 3 poop diapers during the 20 minutes we were in the examination room! When Emma Grace was born, she was 7 lbs 5 oz. Upon discharge she was 6 lbs 14 oz. On day 4 of her life (a kind nurse was sent out to Great Gma's house to check her out for a follow up), she was down to 6 lbs 10 oz. Now that Mommy's milk is in, she's up to a whopping 7 lbs!!!!! This is awesome and very relieving to Mommy and Daddy. Now Mommy feels okay with letting her sleep a little longer in the morning as opposed to waking her up to feed her all the time.

Speaking of sleeping... Emma Grace likes to sleep most of the day, but is having longer and longer periods of awake time during the day, which is lovely... we can see more of her baby blues. :) She's been waking up around 3 am each morning for a feeding. The last couple of days that has been known as the 'feeding from hell.' (Excuse my language... I heard Mommy and Daddy say that.;) ) After eating she was wanting to stay up for hours... and when I say hours... I mean 3-4 hours. This was allowing Mommy maybe an hour tops of sleep until it was time for me to wake up for the day. NOT GOOD. Last night though wasn't bad at all. Daddy was able to rock her back to sleep after about an hour and a half... BUT she did sleep in the bed with Mommy and Daddy as opposed to her bassinet. She can be very finicky during these wee hours and tends to wake up the second you put her down in her own bed.

Nonetheless she's super sweet and we're having oodles of fun with this little one!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Rachel, she is SO adorable!!! I hope you are doing well and I would LOVE to talk when ever you have a second....but I remember all too well how much I needed sleep in those seconds. So I will wait for you to give me the green light and then we can catch up when you are ready! xoxo