Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Progression of a marriage

Rachel here. So today is our 5th year wedding anniversary. Yay us! We have our moments... sometimes they are quite often, but when it comes down to it... we love each other. :) As we sit here at 7:15... me in my pjs and Bryan having not had a shower, I can't help but reflect on what our lives have become. Let's reminisce shall we?

1st anniversary: A lovely trip to Chicago. The gifts were adorably thoughtful... paper was the theme. I made B some 'paper' coupons and got him a subscription to Sports Illustrated. He put a little scrapbook of postcards together for me of all the places we were to visit while in Chicago. I believe we ate at 'Harry Cary's'... it was super yummy.
~
2nd anniversary: New York. We did the regular New York touristy adventures. If I remember correctly we saw a Broadway Show... 'Rent'... or maybe it was 'Chicago.' Either way it was lovely. Now that I think about it... it was definitely 'Chicago', and we saw Liza Minelli being rushed out of the theater as the lights were coming up. We ate a lovely Italian dinner somewhere in some village. :) And then walked aimlessly through Time Square. The theme was cotton... I got Bryan a vintage Wild Turkey Bourbon t-shirt. He got me a bouquet of flowers with cotton balls as the buds. Good times were had by all.
~
3rd anniversary: Cross country trip... celebrated in San Fransisco. After venturing all over the city... visiting Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf, the most crooked street in the world, and hitting up a Giants game, we ate a super yummy dinner at 'Gordon Birsch'. Famous for their beer samplers... that I could not partake in because we were in fact expecting Reese. Theme: leather... I got Bryan a leather case of adorable shirt collar straighteners that have little sayings on them from Red Envelope. He got me a little leather bag with a gold chain in it to replace one I had broken.
~
Now this is where things start to head south...
~
4th anniversary: Blacksburg, VA. Our great friend Angie offered to babysit Reese for us while we got gussied up and headed to 'Book Binders' for a lovely... quiet... child free meal. One where we spent most of our time in silence or talking about Reese... we don't leave her with people often... if at all... and were curious as to what she was doing... she's probably eating dinner now... Angie is probably trying to coral her upstairs... she should be in bed now... ahhhhh... the life of a parent. Theme: flowers... I made Bryan a vase with chocolate covered peanuts acting as dirt and put oversized fake flowers in it. Attached to all the flowers were little sayings expressing everything I loved about him. He got me a flower and little gardening tools.
~
5th anniversary: Blacksburg, VA. Bryan is heading out shortly to pick up our burgers from 'Red Robin'... oh and a cheesecake from the Wal-mart. We're in our pjs... for the record I've had a shower... someone else hasn't. ;) We will more than likely eat, nurse (me... not B), watch tv, nurse, sleep for a couple of hours, nurse, sleep for a couple more hours, nurse... and start all over tomorrow. Theme: wood... I got Bryan an antique Budweiser bottling box filled with supplies to brew his own beer. He got me... well... nothing. :) He planned on ordering and putting together my gift nearly 2 weeks ago, but with the world wind life we were living wasn't able to. For the record... Reese and I still haven't been able to finish his Father's Day gift, so I can't really validate giving him a hard time. :)
~
Here's to calmer anniversary next year... one where we shower, get a babysitter... maybe overnight, and eat OUT, talk about things other than the kids... and here's to me being able to drink alcohol in celebration. No matter how we celebrate or where we are it doesn't change how much I love you Bryan!

1 comments:

Meredith said...

5 wonderful years! Happy anniversary :).