Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

God Bless America

Rachel here. So I seriously hope I'm not jinxing myself when I say this... but today is the BEST day ever! Reese woke up in a splendid mood, so out we went. We went to Target in hopes to finish up the goody bags for the party, and to pick up some new bottles for Em. We walked in and of course the dollar section immediately begins to taunt me. I've sworn off the dollar section at Target because there hasn't been one time EVER that I've made it out of the section without buying something. Something told me though that I needed to take just a little peek. What did I find? I found BIG BIRD stampers! HELLO! Reese's recent obsession with Big Bird is no secret, so alas, I thought they would be a perfect addition to the goody bags. :) Onto the goody bag aisle. Nothing too terribly entertaining there. I found a couple of things but nothing blog worthy. :) It wasn't until I got to the baby section that I almost wet my pants. First off I'd like to say that I think onsies with pants look ridiculous! Have my children worn onsies with pants. YES. Did I feel they looked undesirable... YES. :) So yesterday I went to OUAC in search of shirts for Emma Grace... no onsies. I only found a couple that I thought were cute. I'm VERY particular about what the girls wear. Just ask my mom... who has yet to buy the girls ANY clothing because she knows how picky I am. ;) But I digress. So instead of pants, Emma wears a lot of Babylegs. They are adorable baby legwarmers that can be worn INSTEAD of pants and are great with onsies. Reese had a couple pairs, but her legs were always way too big for them. :) My little chunkster, so she didn't wear them often, however, she now likes to fashion them on her arms. It's no secret that said Babylegs are not the cheapest things on the planet. At Target they average $9.99 a pair but are TO DIE FOR. In fact... I'm not above buying adult knee socks and cutting the bottoms/heal off and stitching them up for the same effect. Today I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed that Circo now makes them for a mere... wait for it... $3.99!!!!! SAY HUH?! Needless to say EG has 4 new pairs... and a new onsie to boot!

~
Onto the bottles. I found EXACTLY what I was looking for! Now hopefully they work... because they weren't cheap either. UGH. Why do people insist on charging an arm and a leg for baby gear!?
And to conclude my PERFECT morning... Reese jumps out of the car for me only to realize she has broken her Croc. NOT PERFECT. HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN? The strap is half way off and the rivet is nowhere to be found! Reese has TONS and I do mean TONS of shoes, but I've realized the Crocs are my favorite because they are durable and she can put them on herself, so to have a man down is DEVASTATING. After I give her a talking-to, I hopped on the Croc website, right onto the live chat, explain to the customer service person my dilemma and asked him (Allen) if anything could be done... he asks no questions and says "I would be happy to send a replacement for you. What was your address? I will mail those rivets for you TODAY." God bless America! AND GOD BLESS ALLEN!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

I bought that exact pair of Baby Legs for Britton! We also have the green argyle pair. At $10 a pair we have to be picky. I agree completely about the onesie plus pants look. Ugh. I think I tried to get away with the look in junior high when bodysuits were in style, and it wasn't happening then either. I've now developed a love of her little baby socks to keep her feet warm when pants aren't cutting it. :)