Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Oh this infant!

And that my friends is how you hold up your head! :) Rachel here. My little Emmabelle FINALLY did it! She's a champ now... ugh I could eat her up. Well, I could also probably strangle her... in a non CPS calling kind of way though. The bottle battle continues. Soon after I posted our success with the Drop-ins bottle all hell broke loose. Three days ago it took Bryan and I 2 HOURS and THREE different models to get her to take a bottle. Because I didn't want to keep reheating the bottle over and over, I had 2 three ounce bottles on reserve for such a tantrum. The following day I decided to do the same with the 2 bottles in case we had a repeat. She did MUCH better! The first go round it only took her 10 minutes to take the bottle and the second bottle it took 4 minutes. I know the exact times because during those first 2 hours, that 10 minutes, and that 4 minutes she screamed. And when I say scream... I mean wild banshee screaming... screaming that sounds like I am slowly cutting off her limbs screaming. UGH. Today, however, I only had one bottle defrosted (wishful thinking on my part), and it took her LESS THAN ONE MINUTE! Hurray! Granted she still screamed bloody murder for that minute, so the goal is to have her simply take the bottle tomorrow like a sweet little angel baby. :) I'd like to be able to enjoy Reese's bday party Saturday and not have to go bf her in the middle of the shindig. Bryan will also need to feed her next Wednesday as I'll be in court for my fender bender, otherwise I wouldn't stress about this whole production that much. I was telling Auntie Lu the other day how stressed and frustrated I was when Reese wouldn't breastfeed... how she cried and cried and cried... how I cried and cried and cried. And then how utterly stressed and frustrated I was becoming because Emma Grace wouldn't bottle feed. It's just another lesson in "you're damned if you do... and damned if you don't," which for the record... I'm becoming quite the student in.

0 comments: