Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Underpants

Rachel here. Why oh why don't they make Thomas/Cars underpants FOR GIRLS? A few weeks ago, while in The Wal-mart, we were looking very briefly at the underpants. There were Disney princesses and Dora... and Tinkerbell... frankly I wanted to vomit. I'm fighting the Disney princesses off for as long as I can, which may not be an issue with our child who likes to stroll around her cars as opposed to baby dolls in her stroller... and there is something about Dora that just isn't right. Reese, however, was in dire need of the underpants with Cars on them. I was all prepared to purchase said Cars underpants, when Bryan chimed in and said something to the effect of... "no... because I don't want to explain to her the flap." SERIOUSLY? She probably wouldn't even notice... anyway... we DID NOT buy said underpants... I decided I would check out Target's selection. Fast forward to yesterday when I FINALLY made it out of the house to make a return at Target. We bounced on over to the underpants aisle, and I found these super cute Hello Kitty underpants. We've decided they'll work for now, and if she wants the Thomas/Cars underpants THAT BADLY... we'll get them. Picking and choosing my battles is becoming more of an everyday occurrence around here. I can't fight them all. If she wants boy underpants at the ripe age of 2... so be it. If she wants a thong at the ripe age of 2... I'll put my boxing gloves on for that one. See the difference? ANYWAY... here are the super cute undies. I've never seen a cuter pair. :)


Reese was actually nice enough to share a pair with Emma.

Who promptly put them in her mouth and tried to suck on them. That's a whole other story... revisit us on the 19th. :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

You could always sew the flap shut on the boy undies. That way she'll never even notice it. I say give her whatever underpants make her happy. Good luck on the potty training! They are both growing up so fast.

Andria said...

This made me laugh, because Nora borrowed (well, kind of stole) a pair of her friend Zuben's "Wolverine" boy underpants and wants to wear them all the time. ???

Your girls are breathtaking, and I love Emma Grace's female-pattern baldness. It's so cute!! Someday she'll have gorgeous princess hair like Reese!