Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Art and More

So today was my first day of "Art and More." It was fun, but "Energy Outlet" was by far more my speed. I CAN NOT BE CONTAINED! But seriously... my teacher Ms. Carol is super friendly and has no expectations... my kind of lady. She realizes that having a class between the hours of 11 and 12 (lunchtime/naptime) with 2 year olds is an extreme recipe for disaster, so she pretty much lets us have free reign.
~
When we first came in, there were supplies at a large table for us to make name tags out of.
Once I was done with mine, I wanted to check the place out. There was literally not one thing in the joint that I didn't touch. I was the first one there, so I had quite a bit of time to kill. You just never know how long it'll take us to get out of the house, so we figure better early than late.

Here I am making my necklace out of foam triangles and cut up straws. Upon seeing the straw pieces, I immediately put them up to my mouth and pretended to drink... so bright I am!

Sadly I only strung about 2 pieces of my necklace before I was bored to tears. Luckily Ms. Carol had some easels set up for us to doodle. Thomas (who has a sweet arm by the way... the kid can chuck sidewalk chalk like no other) and I were immediate soul mates. We both loved to doodle and later throw temper tantrums... ahhhh... if that's not love, I don't know what love is.

I came back to work on my "rainbow pizza." This task began in a temper tantrum because I saw the dyed pasta and immediately started to eat it. Mommy freaked out because it was uncooked, but I was all like "ma... relax... I'm cool." Then Ms. Carol said she'd had that pasta FOR YEARS... that's when Mommy went in after it. She's all sticking her fingers in my mouth like she owns it or something. Needless to say I flipped. It took us a while to recover. After we took a little walk around the room I came back to my pizza. Mommy was the original gluer, and I was supposed to put my ingredients on the spots where she glued. I wasn't having that for too long, so I glued and she placed... we were actually quite the team.


Here is the finished product... cute right?! It's soooo hanging on our refrigerator! One of Mommy's dreams has been fulfilled. We have my artwork (that I did at "school") on the fridge.

For the record... Emma Grace was pretty well behaved too, and she was BY FAR the best dressed in the room!

1 comments:

Andria said...

Wow. I think I have lived this exact morning!.....This was hilarious. You are really funny, Rachel!