Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 8, 2011

Chickity China... the Chinese Chicken...

It's been one week, since we began potty training... as of yesterday morning anyway. Rachel here. Emma Grace is a rock star. She's now wearing underpants (she takes them off and pulls them back on by herself) all day (except for nap/bed time)... and besides Steppin' Out/Sam's Club, we have yet to venture out into the wild world of the public. I imagine we'll be wearing Pull Ups out for a little bit longer before we commit to public underpants. I've quit pumping her full of liquids now that she can feel and understand the urge to go. One amazing thing to me is her ability to poop on the potty. I remember Reese being beyond traumatized when she needed to go. Obviously it all worked out... and this time without tears. :)Sunday EG had another day of no accidents! Yesterday she wore undies all day and had no accidents until about 7:15... right before bedtime... in the bathroom... right in front of her potty! Poor thing... missed it by seconds. Yay to seeing the light at the end of the Emma Grace diaper tunnel!On another note, I've deactivated my Facebook account... and it feels so good. I've had enough. Some people post the most ridiculous things... dramatic events of their love life... amongst other things. I used it so my family/friends could see pictures of the girls... especially my family. It was also a great way to keep up with old friends. I began by deleting all the people who were too dramatic, then went the people I was simply stalking, then those that actually weren't my friends (friends of friends), and then went people I don't interact with much. I was left with 69 people. It was awesome. But then there were more I wanted to delete but didn't want people's feelings to get hurt... how ridiculous... so then I just deactivated the whole thing. The people that I would love to hear from my have phone number or my email address... or they know about my blog, so I feel good about my decision. Truth is Bryan and I have very limited time together when it's just the two of us... it just made sense to get rid of the things that were taking my attention away from that small amount of precious time. I won't lie... it's very freeing! I've also quit looking at my horrible gossip sites. I'd rather pay more attention to the ridiculous things going on in my own house than in the thirty mile zone. The End. :)

2 comments:

Allison said...

Good for you! I agree that FB becomes way to consuming and dramatic. I wish I had the gumption to follow suit! xoxo

Heather said...

Go Emma Grace!!!

It's funny, Tim dropped his account too. I have a feeling I won't be too far behind we will see:)