Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 10, 2008

One year ago today...

I was wide awake, much like I am now at 5 am in the morning... but for 2 totally different reasons. By the way... Rachel here. :) One year ago today I'd been awake now for almost 24 hours already not even realizing that I wouldn't sleep for nearly 2 more days. I would have started contractions around 1:20 am, and I'd been timing ever since. It wasn't for another hour or so that Bryan would wake up... on his birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!)... to me handing him the stop watch and notepad. It would be another hour or so before we called the hospital. Was I in labor? It sure as hell felt like it! :) "If we admit you now you won't be able to eat. We think you should stay home a little while longer and get some light foods in your stomach. Call us..." ... blah di blah di blah. I sent Bryan out to get an ENTIRE fruit tray. We spent the next 5 hours watching TV, timing, and eating that fruit. 130ish pm... "we should call Dr. Campbell!" I just couldn't take it anymore, which in hindsight was A JOKE because seriously kids... I hadn't felt NOTHING yet. We get to the hospital and for the next 13 hours we were free, peaceful, being taken care of hand and foot... the life.

After popped veins (trying to pump me full of pitocin), an epidural by someone who appeared to have the medical experience of say... MYSELF, puking, and an hour of pushing... we were blessed. We were blessed with the most amazing little girl known to man. Reese, you've changed our lives in so many ways. I always thought it was such a cliche for people to say "I can't even remember what our lives were like before little Bobby came along." What were those people? Delusional? We used to drink, whoop it up, go out, and now... we have to be in the house at certain hours of the day or we have public meltdowns, Mommy actually learned how to use the stove and blender, can't be out past 7, and dinner for us isn't even imaginable until 8. I remember exactly how our lives were before you came around, and honestly... you couldn't pay me all the money in the world to go back to those days. Now, Reese, I can't say I don't remember what it was like, but I can honestly say I don't want to remember what life was like before you came along... all I want to remember is this:

Why am I wide awake today? Hello people... I have the party of the century TOMORROW... when my BABY turns ONE... and SO much left to do!

2 comments:

Andria said...

Oh my goodness. Do you cry every time you watch this video? I'm all choked up, and I've never even met your sweet baby girl! I don't usually watch videos on other people's blogs, because I have the attention span of a ferret, but I'm glad I watched yours. What a beautiful first year of life for Reese! And what a lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Am I a huge pregnant hormonal mess or what, as I sit here and cry watching your adorable video! I am so happy for you guys and it has been the coolest to watch little Reese grow up this year via your blog...I love technology! It helps keep friends who don't live close, close:) Love you guys! ~Heather