Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

1 year old

Rachel here. Well here is my baby in all of her one year glory. I can not even begin to wrap my head around the last year. It was a whirlwind to say the least. She came in with a bang. I thought it only appropriate she spend her first birthday in her birth state. I couldn't have asked for a better day for her. Emma Grace, you are one of the few true loves of my life, and I can't wait to see the little lady you become... I just wish it were at a slower pace. ;)

Let's start with stats shall we. My wee nugget weighed in at a solid 20 lbs. JUST ENOUGH to get her turned around in her car seat. She eats like a garbage disposal, so I was shocked she didn't weigh more. Reese was a little over 22 lbs at 13 months, so they were quite different. Her head circumference was 18.25 whatever they measure in. ;) I know it's a big noggin'. And she was 30.5 inches tall... where my girls get their height I will never know.
My girl is SHINEY. Emma Grace has such a sweet little demeanor. She's quiet yet boisterous. She's sweet yet sneaky. She doesn't take nothin' from nobody... except a little piece of our hearts every time she smiles. I'm so in love with this girl it's sick. I think the feeling is mutual seeing as how she is constantly attached to the back of my legs, my hip, and screams if I leave the room. It can be annoying as all get out, but I know one day I'll miss it terribly. If I'm sitting on the floor, she'll crawl over to me and lay her whole body against me, and if I'm holding her, she likes to put her head on my shoulder. MELT. The only time I really could trade her in is when it's time to change her diaper or get her dressed.
~

As far as sleep and food. She sleeping 12-13 hours each night. Bedtime is anywhere from 7-8... depending on her napping schedule. With us being out of town so much, she's all off kilter. Yesterday she napped twice, and today once... so it's still pretty helter skelter. Her naps are anywhere from 2-3 hours... which is nice. This has all been completely thrown out of whack in just the last couple of days with us trying to wean her from her per paci, which could be going better, but we're determined. She's gone 3 naps and last night without it... with tears... but without the paci. With eating... she feeds herself everything (except yogurt/applesauce). She's eating everything we eat for the most part, which is nice. Em loves loves loves bananas, strawberries... all fruits and veggies really, breads, pastas, cheeses, turkey/chicken, and pizza. She's been on whole milk now for about a month and can now drink from her sippy cup sitting up. :) She finishes 3 cups a day along with 2 cups of watered down juice. Reese is currently boycotting eating, so Emma Grace eats enough for both of them. :)
~

Words. Emma Grace can say Mama, Dada (both of which are used indiscriminately), nigh nigh (night night), dadada (dance dance dance... to which she also dances like a crazy woman), and all duh (all done). I've also taught her to sign "more" and "hungry." I taught Reese way more, but these are the two big ones, so we'll stick with them. If I ask her to give me a kiss, she puckers her lips and lays one on me... not a word, but communication nonetheless.
~

Walking. As far as mobility, Em is perfectly happy crawling. :) She cruises on the furniture, can stand for long periods of time on her own, can stand from a sitting position without pulling up, and can walk superbly behind her hippo walker. She has yet to take the plunge, and frankly... I'm okay with that. :)
~

In general she is just such a happy baby, and we can't wait to see what the next year holds! I'll leave you with this... her first walk behind her hippo... from which I teared up. GOD SHE IS CUTE!

0 comments: