Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

11 months

Rachel here. It's funny posting this now because in less than 2 weeks MY BABY WILL BE 1! I can't believe it!!!!!


Reese here. Okay, anyway.... oh Mommy and her babbling... about 2ish weeks ago I turned 11 months old! This was the best picture Mommy could get:
because all I wanted to do was this:
So... I'm doing tons of super cute things these days. I'm waving like a mad woman. I wave at old people, young people, dogs, even ceiling fans. They are all my friends and I do not discriminate... I like to spread the love. I also spend much of my past time clapping. This highly entertains my parentals. I clap... then they clap... then I clap back... silly adults.
Added to my two bottom teeth are two new friends... two front teeth! I'd like to take a moment to send a shoutie to them... Hey guys... thanks for helping me bite! The right one is making an appearance much faster than the left, but he's chugging along nonetheless. Don't you dare try to feed me because I like to do all of it all by myself. Mommy likes to give me: little pieces of meat, cheese, crackers, fruits, veggies, bread, bunnies, pasta with a little Parmesan cheese sprinkled on it (one of my favs!), little raviolis, and various other treats. Nothing CRAZY yet like milk. I'm on my last can of heinous formula though, so there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel.

Signing is coming along smashingly. "Milk" is by far my favorite thing to sign, but I'm picking up on "more", "sleep", "diaper", "eat", "all done" and Mommy is trying to teach me "doggie". I'm pointing at EVERYTHING though asking her to tell me the words. It's lot of fun. When Mommy says/signs "all done" I actually make the "ahh" and the "duh" sound! Yay for me.

Mommy and Daddy have bought me some utterly amazing toys in the last year, but I fancy the simpler things in life like Mommy's purse. I LOVE HER PURSE. She has loads of fun stuff in there. We're talking keys, sunglasses, lip gloss... Mommy even caught me playing with her tampons. (This is not something I would usually share with the world, but the crinkling of the wrapper seriously kept her entertained for at least 30 minutes!) Just this afternoon Mommy caught me riding it like a horsie.

Mommy took away my bottles. I don't know what she was trying to pull over on me. The first day... I fought with all my might not to drink from that cup. I had about 3.5 oz that day. Needless to say the next day I decided to stop playing games and grow up a little. I now only drink from my sippy cup... it's actually quite liberating.
Now here's my biggest news... can I get a drum roll please.... I CAN WALK! Well sort of. I've been taking a few steps here and there, but last night I made a whopping voyage of 6 consecutive steps. WATCH OUT WORLD!

0 comments: