Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The good... the bad... the ugly...

...the beach. Rachel here. So I've seen on people's blogs their adorable kids in their adorable bathing suits, looking adorable as they are eating sand, on the beach. I felt like an awful mother. My kid didn't have adorable pictures of her eating sand. My family lives at the beach for goodness sakes, we'd been to Miami, and Reese had yet to even touch sand. That is until today!

We drove down to the oceanfront. Ah... a tacky tourist shop... I seriously hadn't been in one of those in years... Reese needed a bucket and shovel. I bought her sand toys and headed for the sand. The beautiful thing about VB (this is meant to be sarcastic) is our lovely imported sand that they ship in during the off seasons. Classy huh?! Well this new sand was EVERYWHERE, and they were out there with bulldozers trying to spread it out. It took me FOREVER to push that darn stroller through it! We finally arrive at a lovely spot very close to the water where there weren't too many people. FINALLY... There I was... putting sunscreen on my adorable kid, in her adorable suit, just waiting for her to take a handful of sand to the mouth. She didn't. That's cool... I got some great pictures of her anyway. And for the record we did have some mandarin oranges with chunks of sand all over them. Good enough for me. :)
Now here's the part nobody tells you about... your adorable kid will get adorably tired and get that awful sand in their adorable eyes when they rub them. That's when our trip to the beach was dramatically cut short. (We still had a blast though!) We then trucked it back to Grandpa and Pearl's and took a bath where we looked just as adorable as we did on the beach. :)

0 comments: