Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 7, 2008

86 the Duck Pond

So Daddy wanted to meander on over to the Duck Pond this afternoon. We packed up our leftover tailgating bread, I put on my super hot duck shoes (courtesy of Mommy's friend from college Lisa), and Mommy grabbed the camera.


We arrived at the Duck Pond and found a boat. What else do you do with a boat but jump inside and take some pix?! (Don't worry you gparents out there... the boat was on land... we wouldn't put a baby all by herself in a boat on the water for an awesome picture opp... more to come on that later...)

Boat... check. Now it was time to find some ducks. We found LARGE piles of bread crumbs in random spots around the Duck Pond, but alas... NO DUCKS. We spotted all of them crowded around a small island in the middle of the pond. All around the pond were groups of people fishing and small children wanting to feed them gobs of bread. Apparently they were not hungry or in need of company, so we took our adventuring elsewhere.

Where did we go you ask? :) We went to see the horsies of coursies!!! A baby horse came right on over to say hello to me. I was quite intrigued and smiled the ENTIRE time!

That was until they left. I wanted him to come back and visit me so badly, but he apparently wanted to spend time with his mama... I mean that's cool I'll just suck on the fence.

After the horsies we trucked it on over to the Smithfield Plantation House. Can you believe they are open for tours on a Sunday?! We skipped the tour, however, and headed right for these giant sunflowers that were in their garden.

Oh, and I have to show you my new trick...

I can stand all on my own! Sometimes if you're lucky, you'll catch me standing up from sitting down while holding on to nothing at all! I've even taken a couple of steps. It's so fun to see Mommy and Daddy's faces when I pull these little tricks out from under my sleeve!

After the SPH it was on to the Horticulture Gardens at VT. Now this is where the picture opps got super scary. Mommy and Daddy were doing all kinds of crazy things! They were propping me up on rocks and around ponds... SCARY stuff, but I survived and got some cute pix in the meantime (Mommy and Daddy were always VERY close by!) . Oh AND I got to give the koi fish my leftover tailgating buns!!! Hopefully they don't perish. :)

Here is Mommy's favorite shot from the day:

1 comments:

Andria said...

These are adorable pictures...the danger was worth it...and Reese at the beach is too cute. However, I must admit that when I first saw this picture, Rachel, I thought there was something seriously wrong with your feet!

Reese writes so engagingly, for an 11-month-old. She'd better get back on that compute rsoon!