Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sigh

Rachel here. Where do I begin. My baby is turning 1... next month. It's so bittersweet. I can't believe how small/immobile she used to be! Reese has come so far! She's standing on her own... long enough to get excited, but not long enough for me to run and get the camera to get a picture. :) Her nightly boot camp with Bryan is going well... she walks laps over and over with her little hippo walker. I just hope she's attempting to walk by her birthday for Bryan's sanity. Also... I could be wrong, but I believe she's getting her upper right front tooth, and Bryan said he thought he saw another little white dot on the bottom. UGH! I can't take all this growing and changing.

TWO CUTE STORIES:

1. Just yesterday, she shared her breakfast with me. Sigh. It was a waffle. So cute. She put a little piece right up to my mouth, I opened it, and she plopped it right in and gave me one of the biggest smiles ever. I proceeded to melt right then and there.

2. This morning she did the unthinkable. It was about 10:30... she still had about 30 min until her next bottle... she crawled right into the kitchen so I assumed she was headed to her playroom. I was slowly following her, when all the sudden I heard her start to whine a little. I ran in there to find her sitting on her butt, whining, and SIGNING milk. SHE WAS SIGNING PEOPLE! I've been working with her for months and months and months... and finally SHE WAS SIGNING! Bless her heart she was just pumping her little hand away. I looked at her and said (and signed) milk??? She immediately stopped crying and in it's place was the biggest smile. You better believe I immediately got her that milk buddy.

Oh I love her.

1 comments:

Allison said...

Oh Rachel! She sounds so adorable! It really is such a bittersweet journey. I think I cry on a daily basis thinking about how little Jack used to be. Now I have a little boy who says "Hi Chris" instead of "Hi Daddy"!!!!