Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

19 months

Tomorrow I turn 19 months... what... what! I'm changing so much everyday the parentals just can't contain themselves! :)

Language skills are through the roof! I've added the following words and PHRASES... yes phrases... to my everyday word usage: Chair, Side (outside/inside), Pancake, Breakfast, Fower (flower), Eyes (egg), Berries (which is used for all berries and melons), Apple, Go go go, Daddy go?, Daddy at work, Yeyow (yellow... everything is the color yellow, unless it's green... then sometimes it's yellow and sometimes it's green), Wah (water, which we have become DEATHLY afraid of... bath time has even become a bit of a headache now.), Cirsle (circle), Oskie (Oscar the Grouch), Ayee (Aly Funk), Doo doo (Pinky Dinky Doo), Ossie (Oswald), Yo yo (yogurt), Bee (Little Bill), Bee, Cat, Play, Car, Play the car, Grapes, Peek-boo (which I enjoy saying while peeping in on Mommy in the shower), Quare (square), Shower, Broccoli, Sice (Sid the Science Kid), Green, Fan, Boys (neighbor boys), Pee pee, Poo poo, Sack (snack), Knees, Bees (cheese), Tiki (turkey), Sand, Sandbox, Pane (plane) Bubbles, Words that somewhat resemble Grandma and Grandaddy, and something that sounds likes Cheerios. That takes us to a whopping 105 words! Not too shabby. :)

Eating is still super great. Mommy and Daddy did try to give me to eat a cut up hot dog tonight with my homemade mac and cheese, which I kindly pushed aside. I don't really fancy ice cream, but I have become quite in love with cookies. Raisins seem to be a favorite as well. Now eating out in public is a different story. I no longer enjoy sitting in the high chairs. Numerous times I've shimmied on out and attempted to stand. I also like to push off of the table legs and shoot myself out into the aisles. This makes me laugh and it makes Mommy and Daddy want to pull their hair out. I've also become very good at throwing my food. (Thank you Brett for the heads up!) Mommy has decided that we'll be taking our weekly Panera dates to go. :)

I no longer walk... I run... all the time... and everywhere. This has caused my knees to become quite uncute... I'll never be a knee model. This summer is going to be awesome because I plan on spending the entire time in the backyard barefoot and dirty. Mommy and Daddy have been collecting fun outside toys for me to play with, and Mommy hasn't given up on doing crafts with me. She's been hoarding different art supplies and recyclables from Grandma to keep me busy. I have an awesome swimming pool for the backyard too... Mommy plans on filling it, putting me in my swimsuit, and letting me work out my fears. She says if I play in it great... if not... that's great too. We'll see what happens. I have a slight obsession with Yo Gabba Gabba, which surprisingly doesn't bother Mommy because DJ Lance cracks her up. My friend Jackson likes to rap... he learned that from Biz (aka Biz Markie) on the show. I've recently started rapping as well. At the end of the lesson Biz always says "bye bye" in a really funny voice... I'm perfecting that as well.

I've been working on my kicking and screaming. Bedtime and nap time have become much easier for me... I think it had A LOT to do with my allergies and all the Claritin I was on. While I do still kick Mommy and Daddy when their changing my diaper, I'm less likely to do it if there is something in my hands to keep me occupied. I also still like to hit them while their trying to 'get me under control', but I'm a toddler... what do you expect? I'm definitely pushing all limits. :/ The goods definitely outweigh the bads exponentially, but I do have my naughty moments.
I'll be going in next month for my 20 month appointment (remember the ped. didn't need to see me at 18 months and instead wanted to push it back), so hopefully well have some growth numbers for you then. Until next month!

0 comments: