Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The pits

Why oh why must we do this everyday?

As you may be able to tell... I STILL hate tummy time. It makes me so sad, but Mommy insists we do it. Argh.

Let's focus on some positives in my life shall we? First off, we NO LONGER have to use the shield while Mommy feeds me! She got the inspiration she needed from her good friend Heather to give it a try, and it worked! Also, last night I slept WITHOUT being swaddled! So exciting. Mommy wants me to try to learn to soothe myself when I can't get to sleep. She fed me around 715 last night and I was asleep by 730. Into my crib I went. I shuffled around a couple of times making Mommy nervous but decided not to wake up until 200. Not my best time, but without the comforts of my saddle blanket, we considered that a huge success! Daddy fed me, Mommy tried to put me to sleep, but wouldn't you know as soon as I hit my mattress I woke right up. I kicked around for a while and made little cooing noises, but I NEVER cried. I managed to get myself to sleep about 30 minutes later and slept in until 630... AGAIN WITHOUT being swaddled. Weaning topics... shield... check... swaddle... check... paci... never did like that one, so that's an automatic check... I'm doing marvelously!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Good job Emma Grace!!!! Mason is still not over his swaddle yet, so maybe we will get inspired by you and try a "swaddle-less" night as well:)
xoxo