Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Adventures in Peepoo... update

This is how I spend most of my days... pantless. I'm getting VERY GOOD at running to the potty when I need to pee... it's the poo part that is the problem. Brett's Mommy mentioned that Brett was not all about pooping on the potty, and Mommy thought that was so silly... but that exact scenario is where we find ourselves these days. There are very distinct signs that Mommy and Daddy have noticed when I need to poo. Once they recognize them, they scoop me up and take me right to the potty. This is about the time where I start the worse sets of temper tantrums alive. I do not like to poop on the potty. I will literally claw and punch anyone who tries to make me sit there. Most of the experience is me screaming and crying at the top of my lungs. Eventually I'll go... sometimes it takes 10 minutes, and sometimes it takes 2 hours (literally). But the second I go, I'm singing and dancing around that I've gone poo poo, and all is right with the world again. Mommy and Daddy don't know if it's hurting me to go, or if I'm scared, or just being uber dramatic. It really pains both of them to listen to me get so upset, but they definitely don't want to throw in the potty training towel because I am totally rocking it otherwise.

I continue to get extremely excited once I use the potty on my own. Mommy and Daddy will be doing something, and I'll just scamper off on my own. I'll return with a cheesy grin, dancing, "I peepoo'd on the potty!" There is a bit of a dance and sing celebration, I add a sticker to my "potty chart"... a small sticker for pee, and a big sticker for poo. I scarf down my Reese's pieces... one for pee and two for poo. I get to flush my business, and then we get on with the day. :)

We're not quite ready for underpants yet. Mommy doesn't think I can give her enough warning yet to be able to get to the potty and undressed, so I'm naked most of the day. The only time I wear diapers now is if we're outside or running errands, nap, and bedtime. When I am wearing my diaper and I go pee, I immediately tell Mommy or Daddy that I've gone and I need a diaper change. Hopefully I'll be able to wear my big girl underoos soon! :)

0 comments: