Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Girl

Rachel here. So I thought it was time for a little Reesie update. This girl is off the hook. Sometimes I want to shake her, and most of the time I was to kiss her. She's a handful and a half, but I can tell she's learning so much, so I try to be easy on her. ;)

Her language has shot through the roof. I think it's safe to say we understand about 95% of what she tries to say. She's speaking in complete sentences for the most part, and can use some pronouns. Her voice is probably one of my favorite things about her. She speaks in a singsong manner, and she always ends her sentences on a high note... it cracks us up. Reese has also gotten into the habit of asking what certain things are or who people are... even people we don't know. She's VERY curious in general.

She is one high energy kid. Always running... always on the go... even when she's a little under the weather. The only time she's SEMI-mellow is at night if it's just her and I, and it's almost her bedtime. We've gotten into the habit of watching one of her shows before bed on the couch together. She'll lay down with me on me arm... I love it. Then there is the dreaded bedtime. I almost wish we didn't have to put her to bed. She's back to screaming and kicking and crying herself to sleep. We've given her a little nightlight in the shape of a little bubbletype man that she can sleep with and turn on and off by herself... that worked for a while. Most nights though she just throws a tantrum when it's time for bed. It stinks, but neither of us know what to do, and we're hoping she just grows out of it.

Reese knows how to count to 13, but skips over 12, and then continues on repeating 13 over and over again. :) She knows most of her colors (the basic ones... except for orange), she can also recite the basic shapes, and she can say certain pockets of her alphabet. She loves to try to sing the ABC song, which is just so cute. She's really good at singing "Twinkle Twinkle" too... definitely doesn't know all the real words, but she tries awfully hard. :)

Potty training is just a production and a half. At one point we had her peeing on the potty once a day, and then we went to Tidewater and totally fell off the wagon. She had no desire to even look at her potty while we were there. She totally digs the candy and stickers but would actually prefer a bagel for her reward. We're heading to RR for Christmas with B's parents this weekend, and upon our return Monday Reese will be wearing underpants, and we're prepared to clean up tons of messes. The girl can go all night and naps without going in her diaper, she tells us she's going while she's doing it, and she comes up to us and asks to be changed. If that's not the picture of a kid who should be potty trained I don't know what is. :)

My girl ADORES her Emmaroo. She calls her "baby sister," which melts my heart. She's really gotten into helping me feed Emma as well. She sits in my lap and helps me to guide the spoon into Emma's mouth, and then she says "Good Girl Emma" when Em cleans her spoon.

This girl truly makes us smile... and scream at the same time. :)

0 comments: