Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Nerd Alert

Rachel here. Okay, so I've read blogs about couponing and saving money, and frankly... if you have the time and the energy to "extreme coupon"... you go on ahead. I hear that the deals you can maneuver at CVS and Walgreens are pretty great, but I'm not capable of that yet. My nerdy friend Amy D (and I mean that with the highest amount of love and respect because frankly... she's phenomenal!) got sucked into those deals... the girl does like 7 transactions... she saves a BUTTLOAD, but I'm scared of people looking at me. :) I did, however, take her advice and took a gander at this southernsavers.com website. Basically this woman compiles all the hot sales at various stores, what coupons are out there (she even links up printable coupons online), and tells you what days to shop where... blah di blah di blah. So basically tonight I bundled up and ventured out to Kroger and Food Lion with my coupons. This is what I got:
All of these items are from Kroger (minus those diapers). We don't usually buy name brand stuff... we're normally "Great Value" kind of kids... unless it's organic, which we try to mostly buy. Okay so basically all of these items were originally $80.91. The Progresso soups alone are pretty pricey. With my manufacturer's coupons, my Kroger bonus coupons, and my Kroger Plus savings, I saved $41.58... I only spent $39.33 JOKERS! Seriously... I could vomit... in a good way.

Now onto Food Lion. They were having a sale on their Huggies. Now when Reese was a wee one, we used Pampers. Her blowouts seemed to be more controlled in them. Then when she got older we moved onto a generic brand. Huggies came out with their "pure & natural" line that we LOVE. Emma has yet to get anything that might slightly resemble a diaper rash. They are a good chunk of change though because they're organic. Luckily you can find $3.00 coupons online ALL THE TIME. Food Lion's regular price for these bad boys is $9.99... riiiiiiiiight. Today they were on sale for $7.99... then you add my $3.00 coupons (3 of them and then I had 2 $2.00 off coupons), and a $51.95 purchase magically turns into a $28.95 purchase!
I could have a been a LOSER and spent $132.86 tonight... but I was a TOTAL NERD and only spent $68.28. HOLLER!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, you are SUCH a rockstar! Love it!

Amy Duffy said...

You go Rachel. This nerd is SO PROUD of you! :-) Just you wait until I get you sucked into CVS and Walgreens. There's no turning back! Ha ha. It feels so good to save so much, doesn't it?

elizibith said...

me and Aaron are going to try this this weekend! We don't reallllly understand how to do it yet... but we're gonna try :)