Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Sledding in a Winter Wonderland

We went to Grandma and Grandaddy's house this past weekend (once we dug our way out of our driveway) for our first of many Christmas celebrations. Only living an hour away... there was still PLENTY of snow for me to frolic in. Check out my winter ensemble:
We got 14 inches in Blacksburg, but I can't remember how much was in Rural Retreat. Here you can see it's up to my knees, but don't let that fool you... I wasn't nearly heavy enough to touch the actual ground through the snow.

Grandaddy was such a good sport. He pulled me around the farm on Daddy's old blue sled. We brought that bad boy home with us... I hope it only snows on the weekends though because the odds of Mommy pulling me in it while Daddy is in Abingdon is slim to none. ;)



This is when I bit it... good times.
Daddy and Grandaddy came rushing to my rescue...
... and soon I was good to go. Daddy was a sled pulling machine! Check out his facial expressions in these pictures. Such passion. He is the best Daddy in the entire world!


He was so into the whole sledding thing that he built a little ramp for me to ride on. He wanted to make sure it was safe enough for me... yeah right... by the looks on his face, you'd think he was taking on Mt. Hood. :)





Tomorrow... Snowman building 101.

0 comments: