Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cross your fingers...

Rachel here. Hopefully I won't kick myself for saying this, but yesterday was an AMAZING day! Reese was the perfect little thing... I just wanted to bottle her up and sell her to everyone who has a crabby kid. ;) She played wonderfully both with me and by herself despite the fact it was icky outside and we stayed in all day. There were no tears or arguments at nap time, in fact she wanted to go down a little earlier than normal! She slept for 2 hours! We had a wonderful afternoon, and I put her down for bed at 730 after reading her book... with no tears or screaming!!!! She did kick her unborn baby sister once while I was trying to change her diaper, but I call that a minor infraction when everything else ran so smoothly!

We're trying to really explain to her when she does something that we don't like. Instead of putting her right into timeout, I've been giving her 2 chances to fix the behavior before we put her on her stool. It seems to be working really well. Granted she does occasionally end up in timeout, but this system is working much better. I also got the book "The Happiest Toddler on the Block"... it came highly recommended by Miranda (a friend of a friend... THANKS MIRANDA!). I usually hate self-help type books, but I do have a couple that I've used for reference through this whole mommy hood thing. The reviews that I read sounded great, so I hopped on the used book website and $11 later... I'll have some reading to do in the car on our way to Florida!

0 comments: