Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

17 months

Rachel here. Today our 'lil monster' is 17 months old. That's one month away from a year and a half! Can you say panic? I constantly look back at old pictures that seriously crack me up. Did she really look like this?

Was she really as little as Aly Funk? (Who now after a month of life is what Reese weighed at birth.) Holy moly! We're starting to go through Reese's room and some of her old things to get ready for baby Deuce (who by the way DOES have a name! It is of course our little secret.).

The clothes seem so little. Am I ready for pacifiers again? Look at how small those diapers are. Which bottles should I try this time? Will breastfeeding be easier this time around? Will the emotions be easier since we know what to expect this time around? It seems like there is a whole new list of questions and worries with #2. I read a friend of a friend's blog (does that make sense?), and the mother has a baby a little over 7 months old. She blogs mostly about the great things that go on with raising her little girl. She recently posted about how she was struggling with raising a baby who was having troubles with sleeping and feeding. Now I can give my opinions and tricks that have worked for me, but am I ready for all of that again? Am I ready for NO sleep? Am I ready for the confusion and frustration? And most importantly will there be enough time and love for Reese?

So while I continue to lie awake at night wondering about all of these questions/concerns, Reese has gone from our 'lil monster' to our 'big monster,' which I assure you is a sincere term of endearment around here.
In just a few short months, we'll have TWO little girls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so funny you posted this today, because earlier I was looking at some of you 2007 posts and could not get over how much she has grown! I'm sure she will be an awesome big sister and helper to you!

I love her outfit in the current pic, by the way, so adorable with her little apron and broom! Cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

That dress is even cuter on her than it was on the hanger! I love it!